I’m kind of a consistent and predictable kinda gal. I like to plan out my days, know what’s coming up next, and without my multiple spreadsheets I am certain I would never rest easy.
I honestly don’t know how my Farmer hubby does it — most days he doesn’t know what he’ll be doing in the next hour, never mind tomorrow. Oh how I adore how he so nonchalantly rolls with the punches.
Although many aspects of my life are insanely structured (to keep me sane), painting furniture allows me to just go with the flow and see what happens. After all, if it doesn’t work out — it’s just paint!
Milk Paint is most certainly NOT consistent and predictable… a lovely addition to my life — I can’t control it, so I don’t need to overthink it or worry about it. Just let it be!
I didn’t overthink how I was going to transform this quaint lil’ chest. All I thought about was how it could be so incredibly more quaint!
My quaint transformation process:
- Removed hardware ~ half of the knobs were missing, and one was cracked
- Wood filled hardware holes and top area ~ it appeared prior owner attempted to mend area on top where mirror once rested
- Did NOT sand down the piece ~ as I wanted the varnish and patina to remain, to in-turn result in a crackle/chippy finish
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Homestead House Milk Paint in the colour ‘Quaker Blue’ to the entire piece and watched it crackle while drying ~ a muted slate blue with a hint of greenish-grey
- Sanded entire piece down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Chiseled areas of the piece ~ to achieve chippy amidst the crackle
- Applied Country Chic Paint Hemp Oil to the entire piece ~ for a light water-resistant protectant; sustainably sourced from Canadian farmers
- Installed white cracked ceramic antique knobs from D. Lawless Hardware ~ a sweet match for a crackling paint finish
A sweetly unpredicted transformation for this quaint lil’ chest of drawers. A peaceful and charming addition for your home or cottage. Rest easy in your dwelling with this charmingly chippy, comfortably cozy, and timelessly tranquil accent storage piece. An unpretentious comforting addition for that special nook you so fondly choose for it.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Quaint Quaker Blue ~ Is for YOU ❤
DIMENSIONS: 32″ H x 34″ W x 18″ D
PRICE (Direct): $349 + Tax (Via eTransfer)
PRICE (Etsy): $380 + Tax (Via My Etsy Shop)
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.