Being creative isn’t just good for the soul, but also for the mind. It allows you to focus, and use your passions; clearing your mind of other subjects, and expressing your thoughts and feelings in a calm and imaginative way.
For me, transforming furniture is my creative outlet that always brings out the best in me. It inspires and lifts me in the most charming and therapeutic way. Finding time for it isn’t always easy, but so very worth making. I’m so thankful to have the means and opportunity to do so.
I’ve been patiently waiting for a mirrored sideboard/buffet just like this one for quite some time… and when I was lucky enough to stumble across it, I eagerly scooped it up knowing it was sure to bring me some sweet creative therapy.
My Rocky Coat Buffet transformation process:
- Removed original hardware ~ with thought that I would maintain it
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to best prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Rocky Mountain’ to the entire piece ~ an ideal charcoal grey lending itself perfectly to industrial masculine style décor
- Changed my mind on colour ~ if at first you don’t succeed, try try again
- Changed my mind on original hardware ~ so I filled the holes in preparation for a different set
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in a custom colour blend of ‘Peacoat’ and ‘Rocky Mountain’ to the entire piece ~ ‘Peacoat’ is a deep navy that is a timeless statement on its’ own and easily compliments any space
- Sanded entire piece down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied Country Chic Paint Natural Wax to the entire piece ~ which I find eases and tones down the application of dark wax
- Applied Country Chic Paint Black Wax to the entire piece ~ for a deepened enrichment and timeworn depth
- Purchased and installed a far more charming set of hardware from Lee Valley ~ one of my fav places to shop for hardware
- Decoupaged inside of all drawers and cupboards with ‘Green Floral’ Scrapbook Paper ~ a beautiful floral vibe that I felt perfectly suited my custom colour blend
From sad and bleak to farmhouse chic! Once drab, now charmingly fab for that sweet space in your home or cottage. Transformed in a custom colour blend, resulting in a delightfully unique and timeless piece just for you. Plenty of storage for tidily tucking away items, with an abundance of charm accent, and comforting farmhouse feel.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Rocky Coat Buffet ~ SOLD to Shelley ❤
DIMENSIONS: 38″+13″ H x 48″ W x 21″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤