I simply adore antique washstands. They are such enjoyable transformations, and oh-so versatile. Small in size, they can fit anywhere from a small apartment bedroom to a large foyer in a full size home.
I was delighted to find this lil’ gal and elated that she had her original hardware… albeit so dull and dingy it’s almost hard to see it in this before pic.
My simply bliss transformation process:
- Removed original hardware ~ with plans to maintain and rejuvenate
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to remove flaking finish and to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Bliss’ to chosen portions ~ a stunning, muted turquoise perfect for every project from vintage to modern to farmhouse-chic
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Simplicity’ to remaining portions of the piece ~ a fantastic, pure white that can brighten up any piece and add serenity to your home
- Sanded entire piece down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied Country Chic Paint Natural Wax to the entire piece ~ which I find eases and tones down the application of dark wax
- Applied Country Chic Paint Black Wax to the entire piece ~ for a deepened enrichment and timeworn depth
- Washed and polished original hardware with Brasso Metal Polish, then reinstalled ~ enough but not too much polish to maintain the aged charm
- Lined drawer and interior base/doors with a charming ‘Frosty White Lace’ Con-Tact self adhesive ~ for a lil’ extra love
A charmingly compact piece well suited for small to moderate spaces. A statement and catch-all for your entryway, charming nightstand for your guest room, coffee station for which you could hook-hang mugs on the once towel rack, cozy and comforting side table for your reading nook, linen cabinet for that lonely space in your lavatory. A petite, yet fabulously versatile piece with so many options for your home or cottage.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Simply Bliss Washstand ~ Is for YOU ❤
DIMENSIONS: 25″+20″ H x 29″ W x 18″ D
PRICE (Direct): $249 + Tax (Via eTransfer)
PRICE (Etsy): $272 + Tax (Via My Etsy Shop)
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤