Open the windows, put away your snow shovel, and switch your hot coffee to iced folks… because spring is definitely here! And with spring comes… lots of dog poop to pick up in the yard?! Well… yes, but also the urge for spring cleaning!
Spring cleaning can be sooooo much more enjoyable if you tie a room makeover into it! Am I right or am I right?! While you’ve got those windows wide open with the fresh spring air blowing in… why not paint some walls, change out your linens, de-clutter a closet, re-arrange your furniture… or better yet change-up or add to your furniture!
Although quite lovely in its’ original state, this antique tiger-oak tallboy was also experiencing an urge for a refreshing spring change, and I had just the right simple n’ sweet transformation in mind for it.
My simple n’ sweet transformation process:
- Removed original hardware ~ with plans to polish OR paint
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to remove flaking finish and to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Crinoline’ to the entire piece ~ an almost pure white with a very subtle pink undertone that makes for a delightfully warm and inviting feel
- Sanded entire piece down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Rust-Oleum Chalked in the colour ‘Linen White’ to the hardware ~ for a refreshing spring transformation
- Applied Country Chic Paint Natural Wax to the entire piece and hardware ~ which I find eases and tones down the application of dark wax
- Applied Country Chic Paint Antiquing Wax to the entire piece and hardware ~ in ‘halo’ fashion for a charming timeworn effect and some aging depth
- Lined drawers with ‘Potpourri’ Con-Tact self adhesive ~ for a lil’ extra love
A simple n’ sweet transformation that will add light n’ bright adorn to your abode. Whether you’re looking for a piece to add statement to your foyer, freshness to your bedroom, or delight to that special nook — this restored and transformed antique tiger-oak tallboy was built to live and last for many years to come, and has been simply n’ sweetly restored with the freshness and promise of spring upon us. Oh my darling it’s true — this one is oh-so-sweet and is simply meant for YOU!
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Simple n’ Sweet Tallboy ~ SOLD to Jennifer ❤
DIMENSIONS: 48″ + 23″ H x 30″ W x 17.5″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️