10 feet of bench at a Sunday service — YES! In a home — NO (far too wide)! Lived and served a good life — YES indeed! Life ended — gosh NO!
Although this bench has well-served its’ first life, it’s solid form offers so much more life to live! Church pews have sooooo much to offer beyond their first provisions. Most are easily-enough transformed into smaller benches that can accent and accommodate both great and moderately sized homes. Entryway seats, mudroom stalls, foot of bed rests, and dining room seating! Solid accommodation that will withstand the test of time, and never lose their style!
I was sooooo very lucky to obtain three solid 10-foot pews that were longing for their next lease on life. Tucked away in our garage, with plans to restore and transform one-by-one.
My transformation process for this one:
- Disassembled original 10-foot length ~ oh so very carefully
- Stored-away one of the 5-foot lengths and unfinished-middle-end ~ for another future bench transformation/restoration project
- Secured finished-end to the 5-foot length ~ to achieve matching-ends
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to remove flaking finish and to prepare for product adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Sunday Tea’ to the entire piece ~ a warm grey tone that’ll make you think of cozy Sunday mornings spent curled up on the couch sipping a warm cup of tea
- Sanded entire piece down for a buttery smooth and slightly distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) to the entire piece ~ to achieve a crystal clear, water-resistant, and highly durable finish
Although I wanted to obtain more pics amidst my transformation, these were the only two I was able to snag amidst my busy work-space and process:
Many prayers were sure to been prayed, and many hymns were sure to been sung on this once 10-foot church pew. Although time in its’ church has passed, its’ soul is still very strong, beautiful and alive. Reduced to a 5-foot length, and restored/transformed in a warm/soft greige that oozes comfort and charm. A delightful accent and accommodating piece for an entryway, mudroom, foot of bed, hallway, or dining table.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Sunday Seat with Sunday Tea ~ SOLD to Barbara ❤
DIMENSIONS: 37” H x 61” W x 19” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️