Knowing who you really are and what you really want beats being young and cute. It’s true… things do get better with age… and folks, it’s not just wine.
It’s a LOTTA things… like — love, leather boots, jeans, flannel sheets, whiskey, cheese, Richard Gere (just sayin’), and more!
Now I’m not sayin’ we should all try and fast-forward our age in hopes that we’ll become better — cuz that would just be silly… but there is something to be said about fast-forwarding the age appearance of a sad and bleak piece of furniture.
Like this old ‘boy’ for example. With my uncertainty of ‘his’ age, I will refer to him as vintage… as he may not fit the antique age category. However regardless of whether he’s under or over 100 years, he was longing for some age gratifying charm.
So how exactly did I age gratify this tired tallboy chest!? With a dear and like-minded-friend named MILK PAINT:
- Removed believed to be original (yet non-flattering) hardware ~ with full intentions to replace with a far more flattering set
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ certainly required before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 2 coats of Canadian Homestead House milk paint in the colour ‘Cartier‘ to the entire piece ~ a soft, quiet and calming sage green
- Puddy-knifed and lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to add to the already chipping charm for a heightened farmhouse feel
- Applied Canadian Country Chic Paint Hemp Oil to the body and drawers for a protective and water-resistant surface ~ 100% all-natural sustainably sourced from Canadian farmers
- Purchased and installed handmade iron cup pulls from GOHardware ~ a Canadian Etsy Shop that carries the most swooning and charming furniture hardware
This sad and bleak tallboy chest was aching to let go, and was welcoming change. Intentionally age intensified in a soft, quiet and calming sage green — unfolding naturally with no worry or regret. A solid and charm-pleasing chest of drawers, graced with addition of the most delightful handmade iron cup pulls. ‘He’ is looking for a home that embraces age, warm charm, and refined character. A home that is yearning to infuse stories of the past, personality, texture, serenity, and free spirit to a specially chosen nook.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Free Spirit Chest ~ SOLD to Liz ❤
DIMENSIONS: 44″+9” H x 42” W x 20” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.