Although buffets were traditionally used in the dining room for serving food and displaying dishes, they are a timeless furnishing that can be used for so many additional purposes!
While scrolling a local buy n’ sell site, this solid Jacobean buffet stopped me in my tracks! Aside from ‘her’ unfashionable orange tone, this ‘gals’ striking chunky legs easily had me taking a second look… and then when I zoomed in… I nearly lost my breath when I saw ‘she’ still had all of ‘her’ original brass pull hardware! Despite ‘her’ original yet undesired colour, I knew I could give this multi-functional beauty a charming new lease on life! I was ALL OVER her and messaged the seller stat!
Once I got this VERY heavy ‘gal’ into my studio, I began my transformation process:
- Removed and polished original brass hardware ~ just look at those pulls… my word
- Stripped and sanded top and front legs ~ a somewhat unpleasant yet satisfying step, with very worthwhile two-toned results
- Lightly sanded down body and drawers ~ to remove flaking finish and to prepare for paint adhesion
- Thoroughly vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ important and absolutely necessary before transforming any piece of preloved furniture
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ to the body and drawers ~ a lovely soft white with just the perfect hint of warmth to it
- Sanded down body and drawers for a buttery smooth and distressed finish ~ for the farmhouse chic look I adore and always strive for
- Applied Country Chic Paint Hemp Oil to the body and drawers for a protective and water-resistant surface ~ 100% all-natural sustainably sourced from Canadian farmers
- Conditioned, stained and varnished top and front legs with Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner, ‘Jacobean’ Wood Finish Stain, and Wipe-On Poly ~ imagine that… a colour named after ‘her’
- Reinstalled original brass hardware ~ I’m simply over the moon in love with these bonafide pulls
Of all the delightful features in this timelessly graceful piece, what made you stop your scroll?! Was it ‘her’ charming chunky legs, original brass pulls, warm farmhouse white, two-toned depth, pleasing distress, unique restoration, solid quarter-sawn oak, storage abundance? Perhaps all of the above?! Of all the pieces I’ve given new life to, this ‘lady’ is sure to break my heart! If only we had room for ‘her’ in our home. ‘She’ is sure to grace one’s abode with bunches of farm furnish charm, and will take all that see ‘her’ back to a much sweeter time.
* All of my furniture pieces are preloved, with expected signs of age and use — sweet imperfections which I believe adds to their unique character and charm.
❤ This Take Me Back Buffet ~ SOLD to Michelle ❤
DIMENSIONS: 38”+4″ H x 66.75” W x 21.5” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in MANY of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order (see image below for coupon code)
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️