“What colour(s) will you transform it in Faye?”
A question I not only receive frequently, I also ask myself countlessly! Although some pieces I know instantly what colour(s) and technique(s) I’ll apply… more typically I stew and stew over what I should do. I stand and stare at the piece, I dream about the piece, I hold colour cards against the piece, I choose a colour and then decide on another. It’s kinda like how coffee and tea are for me… shall I have a coffee or a tea?🤔 Hmmm… or maybe I should have both?!
As typical, I stewed and stewed over what to do with this moderately sized sideboard/buffet. Yes… I stared at her, dreamt about her, held colour cards up to her, chose a colour for her, and then decided on another. As always however, my envisioned transformation eventually came to me.
My envisioned transformation went like this:
- Removed hardware and filled holes with wood filler ~ with plans to replace with a charming new set
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to best prepare for chalk paint adhesion
- Vacuumed and washed entire piece ~ final prep before the real fun begins
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-in-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Dark Roast’ to the body and interior ~ just as dark and delicious as dark roast coffee itself
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint ‘Tough Coat‘ to the body ~ to seal the ‘Dark Roast’ and protect it from distressing
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint ‘All-in-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Sunday Tea’ to the body ~ GREIGE… the perfect country cottage combination of GREY and BEIGE
- Lightly sanded down the body for a buttery smooth and distressed finish ~ bringing the ‘Dark Roast’ through the ‘Sunday Tea’
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint ‘Tough Coat‘ to the body ~ for water and scratch resistant protection
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint ‘Hemp Oil’ to the interior ~ for light water-resistant protection
- Purchased and installed handmade vintage glass knobs from GOHardware ~ a Canadian Etsy Shop I’m elated to have found
I had every intention to snap some ‘during’ pics throughout my transformation… May however has been a rather gong-show month… so that simply didn’t happen. I’m hoping for June to be a lil’ less gong’y! 😌
A moderately sized sideboard/buffet that could comfortably settle into any size home as a DINING ROOM BUFFET | LIVING ROOM SIDEBOARD | ENTRYWAY PIECE and more. If you’re looking for a charmingly dainty and sweetly distressed piece to add both character and storage to your home or cottage, come take a closer look! Slip out to our farm for a ‘Sunday Tea’, or if you prefer I also have ‘Dark Roast’. ☺️ ☕️
❤ This Sideboard/Buffet ~ Sold to Kim ❤
DIMENSIONS: 34” + 2.25″ H x 41.5” W x 17” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.