Who here has an old bedroom vanity in their home? It’s collecting dust, has lost its’ lovely, and is aching for a new purpose isn’t it?
Although vintage vanities were once popular in many homes, they seem to have lost their desirability and practicality. However… if you have one, best you NOT part with it!
I have been ACHING for a vanity like this one — to upcycle and transform into a practical pair of tables that would offer so many options in ones’ home or cottage!
My transformation process:
- Unmounted mirror ~ and tucked away for a future DIY project
- Uninstalled hardware, and gently disassembled piece ~ once one, now two
- Mended and wood-filled sides ~ a necessary and satisfying step
- Lightly sanded down ~ to best prepare for chalk paint adhesion
- Vacuumed and cleaned ~ final prep before the real fun begins
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ ~ the most perfect farmhouse white
- Lightly sanded down for a buttery smooth and distressed finish ~ for a delightful farmhouse chic look
- Applied Country Chic Paint’s ‘Furniture Glaze’ in the colour ‘Slate’ ~ for beautiful depth and patina aging
- Applied 3 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) ~ to achieve a crystal clear, and highly durable finish
- Reinstalled hardware ~ such a lovely original set
A petite patina pair that now roars practicality! Their slender size will accommodate even the smallest room, offering oodles of versatility! Whether they be NIGHT STANDS | SIDE TABLES | ENTRYWAY STATEMENTS | HALLWAY ACCENTS — they’re sure to make a charming statement in your home or cottage! An ever-so-dainty and one-of-a-kind set, just for YOU!
❤ This Petite Patina Pair ~ SOLD to Kirsten ❤
DIMENSIONS: 30” H x 14” W x 28.25” D (set of 2)
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.