When we embrace our imperfections, we make a little more room for grace. ❤️
My envy of others — those who seem to ‘have it all together’ is a personal struggle I continuously endure. I try so hard to accomplish many things, and consistently find myself only achieving a small portion. “What am I doing wrong?” is a question I ask myself all too often.
I’ve however had humbling moments, where I learn from some of those I envy — that they think I ‘have it all together’. Say what?! Now those are the authentic and real moments that encourage me to embrace my imperfections, and make a lil’ more room for grace!
Transforming furniture has graced me to creatively embrace sweet imperfections, which has shown to result in a jubilant amount of enjoyment and praise. 😌
This lovely buffet/sideboard transformation was one of many items on my ambitious ‘want-to-do’ list that I managed to achieve while making a lil’ more room for grace. ❤️
My sweetly imperfect, yet graceful transformation flowed leisurely:
- Removed dull, yet charming hardware ~ with full intentions of maintaining
- Stripped and sanded top ~ with a two-toned transformation in mind
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to best prepare for chalk paint adhesion
- Gave entire piece a good cleaning ~ water and vinegar is my tried and true
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Liquorice’ to the body ~ exquisitely black liquorice love
- Sanded body (copiously in chosen areas where I wanted the wood to come through) ~ to achieve the sweetly imperfected and heavily distressed look I was after
- Applied 3 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) to the body ~ to achieve a crystal clear and highly durable finish
- Conditioned, stained and varnished top with Minwax products ~ thirst quenching yummy-ness
- Stripped the dreadful purple felt from the ONE drawer it had been installed in ~ I’d be lying if I said this part was fun
- Lined drawers with a charming adhesive ~ a lil’ extra love goes a long way
- Cleaned and polished original hardware with Brasso Metal Polish, then reinstalled ~ oh how I love when I can maintain original hardware
- Gave entire piece another good cleaning ~ with my tried and true water and vinegar
Perhaps it is your home that this sweetly imperfected piece is meant to grace! Whether your style is shabby chic, cottage or contemporary — this transformed sideboard/buffet is sure to add exuberant charm in your abode! A reclaimed furnishing with a versatile offering for your foyer, dining, living, hallway, or even as a vanity in your bathroom. If you have a thirst for distressed furniture charm, this quenching statement piece is for YOU!
❤ This Gracefully Transformed Buffet/Sideboard ~ is FOR YOU ❤
DIMENSIONS: 36.5” H x 60” W x 22” D
PRICE: $599 + Tax
PURCHASE: Via My Etsy Shop
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order / Use Coupon Code: FARMLIFE10
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤️