Listen to your heart. It may be on your left, but it is ALWAYS right! ❤
Back in January 2017, I started out flipping a few furniture pieces for ME.. for our home… and quickly realized how VERY much I loved this craft, and simply could NOT get enough of it! BUT our small farmhouse could only accommodate so many pieces of furniture! So what does a farm girl with a small home do that wants to restore and transform piece, upon piece, upon piece, upon piece?! “Hey… maybe there might be some folk out there, that might be looking to purchase restored farmhouse chic furniture?!” Hmmmmm …
Here’s the thing. Not everyone has the TIME, SPACE and/or physical MEANS to restore furniture. I am so very fortunate to have all 3. The TIME I have as a result of our kids growing up all too quickly and becoming quite the independents! The SPACE I have thanks to my Farmer hubs’ shop. And the physical MEANS I give thanks for every day.
Although every part of my heart tells me that CUSTOM furniture restoring isn’t right for me (i.e. I restore YOUR piece for YOU)… I most certainly welcome those that are looking for a certain restoration piece and style!
Like Carlee! Carlee came across a piece I restored this past Fall, and her heart was set on having one very similar to it!
“I’d be happy to do up a similar piece for YOU Carlee! And if you decide it’s not quite right for YOU once I finish it… well I’m sure it will be right for someone else!”
Well… as it turns out, this piece was just right for Carlee! ❤
I shared these BEFORE pics with Carlee for her consideration, and she agreed that once transformed, it could potentially be exactly what she was looking for:
My transformation with Carlee in mind went like this:
- Searched high and low for escutcheon hardware to replace the missing one ~ and sadly I didn’t find a fitting replacement
- Removed charming hardware pulls ~ with full intentions of maintaining
- Removed lower drawer escutcheon, and filled both it and middle drawer area that once held an escutcheon with wood-filler ~ option B after not finding suitable escutcheon hardware replacement
- Lightly sanded down entire piece ~ to best prepare the piece for chalk paint adhesion
- Vacuumed and gave piece a good cleaning ~ water and vinegar is my tried and true
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Liquorice’ to the entire piece ~ exquisitely black liquorice love
- Sanded entire piece (firmly in chosen areas where I wanted the wood to come through) ~ to achieve the sweetly imperfected and distressed look I was after
- Applied 3 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin) to entire piece ~ to achieve a crystal clear and highly durable finish
- Cleaned, polished and re-installed original hardware pulls ~ oh how I love when I can maintain original hardware
- Gave entire piece another good cleaning ~ with my tried and true water and vinegar
- Lined drawers with a charming adhesive ~ for a lil’ made-with-love added touch
This piece is for YOU Carlee… and I’m so very glad that you decided it was! I hope that it settles into your home ever-so-sweetly and that it brings you many years of charm, enjoyment and sweet memories. From our home to yours, Merry Christmas! I truly appreciated your custom inquiry and it was so very lovely meeting you.
❤ This Transformed Antique Dresser ~ SOLD to Carlee ❤
DIMENSIONS: 36.5” H x 44” W x 21” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.