I am elated to be BACK at flipping furniture! While preparing for a recent craft market… all of my spare time over the past few months was spent on transforming decor items — which although I very much enjoy doing… furniture is where it’s really at for me — undeniably my dearest creative outlet and therapeutic leisure! ❤
I have many pieces in my “waiting-to-be-transformed” queue that I’m excited to offer YOU over the winter and spring months — including this delightful antique dresser!
Oh how I do ❤ me some Tiger Oak antique furniture… although finding such pieces in good form isn’t easy. Poor form however doesn’t stop me from scooping them up quickly when I do find them! This charmingly aged ‘lady’ was in somewhat rough shape when I found ‘her’ — nothing however that I couldn’t take care of with a lil’ TLC and exquisite line of products.
My tender loving care transformation went like this:
- Carefully uninstalled mirror ~ for project ease and protection
- Removed unattractive hardware ~ which to me was seemingly not ‘her’ original set… an unappealing replacement rather
- Stripped and sanded top and mirror frame ~ with contrasting plans in mind
- Lightly sanded down remainder of piece ~ to scuff away chipping varnish
- Gave piece a good cleaning ~ water and vinegar does the trick
- Repaired drawers where needed ~ a lil’ extra TLC goes a long way
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Cobblestone’ to chosen areas ~ a delightful neutral grey
- Moderately sanded painted areas (firmly where I wanted the wood to come through) ~ to achieve a sweetly distressed look
- Applied Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ and ‘Antiquing Wax’ to painted areas ~ in ‘halo’ fashion for a charming timeworn effect and buttery-smooth protection
- Stained and varnished (3 coats) top and mirror frame with Varathane’s ‘Premium Wood Stain’ in the colour ‘American Walnut’, and ‘Fast Drying Professional Premium Clear Finish 1200 Matte Oil Based’ ~ using a distress technique for an aged yet very-well-protected finish
- Installed new ‘Classic Suite’ hardware ~ that to me would suitably mimic ‘her’ original set
- Carefully reinstalled mirror ~ with a lil’ help from hubs to keep my nerves at bay
- Lined drawers with a charming adhesive ~ for a lil’ made-with-love added touch
A timeless piece that holds a sweet abundance of age and character. Accentuated dark wax settles ever-so-sweetly into ‘her’ ornate areas, and shines like a halo across ‘her’ delicate frame. Curved and dovetailed drawers slide gracefully, and have been reawakened with enduring new hardware. This charming antique ticks all the boxes when it comes to versatility and delight. A multi-functional piece that could settle into a home or cottage as a statement accent, traditional dresser, unique vanity, or even as a dining sideboard for storing dishes and linens. This gracefully aged ‘lady’ awaits whatever YOU decide for ‘her’! ❤
❤ This Ornate Antique Dresser ~ SOLD to Barbara ❤
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order / Use Coupon Code: FARMLIFE10
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤