Creaking hardwood floors, distressed furniture finishes, chickenwire accents, mason jar decors, caster wheels, enamel pitchers, Grandma’s apron, potato/onion bins, crystal glass door knobs, breadboxes, hard-working dirty Farmer hands, screen porch doorways, antique nail bins, rusty milk cans, and chippy doors with crackled paint…
… are a just a FEW of my favourite farmhouse things! BUT not always easy to find! So what does a girl with a love for farmhouse charm do?
Well one thing she does, alongside her Farmer HUBS — is transform old doors into charming farmhouse corner shelves like this for ME and for YOU!
And how did we do it?! Well let me tell you all about it!
- Once our soybeans were finally harvested, I had my Farmer HUBS cut the old door I salvaged in half, remove the door handle, corner assemble it and install 2 shelves ~ with his hard-working dirty Farmer hands that I ❤
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Dark Roast’ to the entire piece ~ a charmingly dark coffee brown
- Waited 24 hours and carefully applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Crackle Medium‘ to the entire piece ~ to mimic the look of authentically aged paint; ensuring not to overcoat
- Waited another 24 hours and generously applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ ~ a contrasting colour that I knew would allow the base coat to come through the crackles
- Sanded edges and accents of the piece with 80 grit sandpaper ~ to achieve the sweetly imperfected and distressed look I was after
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Furniture Glaze‘ in the colour ‘Smoky Quartz’ to the entire piece; followed by a wet distress technique ~ for an impressive effect and statement
- Had my Farmer HUBS re-install original door handle ~ a final touch of original farmhouse charm
Handcrafted and made with much ❤ by my Farmer HUBS n’ I for YOU! To say this piece is a charming farmhouse statement is an understatement! Entryway | Dining Room | Ensuite | Master Bedroom | Living Room | Hallway … no matter which nook of your home or cottage you place it in, it’s sure to add a delightful farmhouse statement to your abode! ❤
❤ This Farmhouse Corner Shelf ~ SOLD to Jennifer ❤
~ and we are accepting similar custom orders… please get in touch to inquire ~
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.