Neighbours. I have the best kind.
The kind that will drop everything when you’re in a pinch and need a hand. The kind that will stop whatever they’re doing to tell you that you have some cattle outside the fence — and will also head on over to help you get them back in. The kind that care about and support their community in every which way they can. The kind that know and appreciate the struggles and rewards of balancing farm, family, community and business — and support ALL of it in the kindest and most generous hard-working ways. The kind that are not only neighbours — but also very good friends. The kind that my family and I are truly blessed to have in our lives… and just down the road.
One of those very good neighbours is my friend Jennifer. And this charmingly transformed Tiger Oak Antique Dresser is for HER! ❤
Although sad n’ bleak, when I brought her home — she’s now utterly charming and sweetly imperfected!
My transformation from sad n’ bleak to utterly charming went like this:
- Removed bleak hardware ~ cuz I knew ‘she’ just had to have a charming new set
- Easily sanded down entire piece with 80 grit sandpaper ~ to remove residue and remaining varnish that was chipping away
- Gave piece a good cleaning ~ water and vinegar is my tried and true
- Filled 2 holes on the top that I suspect once held a mirror with wood-filler ~ so easily done
- Repaired minor crack on top with wood-glue ~ so easily fixed
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Liquorice’ to the entire piece ~ exquisitely black liquorice love
- Sanded entire piece (firmly in chosen areas where I wanted the wood to come through) with 120 grit sandpaper ~ to achieve the sweetly imperfected and distressed look I was after
- Applied 3 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin); lightly sanding with 220 grit sandpaper in between coats — to entire piece ~ to achieve a crystal clear and highly durable finish
- Installed new ‘Victorian Suite’ hardware (knobs, drop-pulls and escutcheons) ~ that were clearly meant just for ‘her’
- Lined her drawers with a charming adhesive ~ because ‘she’ deserved it and because my customers deserve the sweetest transformations I can offer them
Dovetail drawers, caster wheels, NEW victorian suite hardware, accent distressed, sweet imperfections… to mention only a few of ‘her’ delightful features! A charming multi-functional piece with a size that offers so many possibilities! Whether she be a: BEDROOM DRESSER | GUEST ROOM CHEST | ENSUITE VANITY | ENTRYWAY TABLE | HALLWAY SIDEBOARD | COFFEE STATION | DINING OR LIVING ROOM ACCENT … or as a piece for Jennifer’s farmhouse foyer to store mittens, toques and more — as she’s ever-so-sweetly chosen for ‘her’ in her family’s home! ❤
❤ This Charmingly Transformed Antique Tiger Oak Dresser ~ SOLD to Jennifer ❤
~ my very kind neighbour & friend ~
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.