“Perfect” — we strive for it, we desire it, we crave it. But WHY do we do this to ourselves, when truly NOTHING is perfect?!
I find myself guilty of this far too often. Striving for perfection is EXHAUSTING. It’s when I live by grace, and not perfection; that I’m gently reminded that nothing in life is perfect — life rather is full of sweet imperfections; and when I embrace them, everything feels… well… PERFECT! ❤
When I came across this antique bedroom suite, although ‘she’ held solid form — imperfections were flooding ‘her’. Nicks, scratches, water-stains, scuffs and dings absorbed ‘her’… and although I had every intention of transforming ‘her’, I knew that I wouldn’t fight ‘her’ imperfections — I’d sweetly embrace and accentuate them rather. 👌🏻
My sweet, accentuating embrace wasn’t a difficult one — albeit a time-consuming one:
- Gave all pieces a good cleaning ~ water and vinegar is my tried and true
- Applied 3 thin coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Sunday Tea’ to all pieces ~ GREIGE… the perfect country cottage combination of GREY and BEIGE
- Applied 3 thin coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Vanilla Frosting’ to the charmingly detailed areas, and original hardware ~ if you’re looking for the most PERFECT farmhouse white, this colour is it… OK… I guess some things are PERFECT after all 😉
- Sanded all pieces, details and hardware with 120 grit sandpaper ~ to achieve the sweetly imperfected and aged look I was after
- Applied 2 coats of Varathane’s ‘Diamond Wood Finish‘ (water-based, satin); lightly sanding with 220 grit sandpaper after 1st coat — to all pieces and hardware ~ to achieve a crystal clear and highly durable finish
- Thoroughly cleaned entire suite, and applied Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax‘ to the dresser drawer glides ~ to ensure she’s sparkling-clean and smooth-gliding for YOU
Oh how sweetly imperfected, and exquisitely timeless this suite is! Her natural beauty has been accentuated, and her solid form offers many more sweet chapters in her life. Dovetail drawers, ornate carvings, charming hardware pulls, and lovely sheraton legs — to mention only a few of her delightful features. This timeless antique suite includes Lowboy Dresser (w/ mirror), Tallboy Dresser, Double Head/Foot Board (w/ rails). A charming bedroom suite for your home or country cottage — in a master bedroom (cozy cuddles in a double), guest room, or youth’s room. Simply and gracefully PERFECT. ❤
❤ This ‘Perfectly Imperfect’ Antique Bedroom Suite ~ SOLD to Beverly ❤
~a charming addition this is sure to be in her recently renovated master bedroom ~
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Get 10% OFF Your First Country Chic Paint Order / Use Coupon Code: FARMLIFE10
Shop online at Country Chic Paint today! ❤