Storage space that is not only functional, but timeless and beautiful! Yes that is exactly what a Hall Tree / Storage Bench such as this piece provides! 🙌🏻 ❤
Although this Hall Tree was VERY sad and bleak when I came across ‘her’, I was able to look beyond that and envisioned ‘her’ to become VERY farmhouse chic!
Yes — ‘she’ had a fine crack in her back, was missing two doors (from ‘her’ bottom left), and had oodles of chips and scratches from age — ‘her’ mirror was intact and ‘she’ still held a strong and solid form. As a 40-something y/o woman, with a tiring back and aging spots — I would like to hope that I or those that love me most won’t give up on me… and I also like to give hope to furniture that is showing similar signs of age. Embracing age allows for our natural beauty to continue shining through. ❤
To bring this gracefully aging girls’ shine back to life, I got to work with my transformation:
- Removed original hardware from drawer and door ~ with plans to replace with more pleasing knobs
- Performed some minor repairs with good ol’ wood-filler and wood-glue ~ fine crack in back, and hinge grooves that once held two doors in lower-left area
- Gave entire piece a well needed deep cleaning ~ water and vinegar is my tried and true
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Dune Grass’ ~ A calming beachy tone that looks either or both blue and/or green (depending on one’s eye and lighting) with a rich and smokey grey touch
- Heavily sanded with both 120 and 220 grit sandpaper ~ for a farmhouse distressed, and sweetly imperfected and aged look
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Antiquing Wax’ with a wax-brush ~ for an added time-worn touch
- Buffed the wax with a lint-free cloth ~ until it no longer felt tacky and was completely smooth
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax‘ with a lint-free cloth ~ to manipulate / lessen the ‘Antiquing Wax’, and for a protective and buttery-smooth finish
- Installed alternate hardware knobs on drawer and door ~ I keep all hardware from other pieces on hand to use in other furniture transformation projects (reduce, reuse, recycle) 🙂
A charmingly functional and decorative piece that is the perfect fit for any foyer, laundry-room, entryway or mud-room. With 5 hooks and 2 cubby’s, this efficient and timeless piece is a great way to store book bags, coats, hats, gloves, footwear, laundry items, and more — all while offering a bench to sit at or rest items on. Add a pleasing and timeless touch of farmhouse charm to your home or cottage with this delightfully restored piece of furniture! ❤
❤ This Timelessly Beautiful Hall Tree Charm SOLD to Sherry ❤
Dimensions: 75” H x 40” W x 16” D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.