Some pieces sit in my queue for far too-long. So long, I can almost hear them hollering “Faye! Did you forget about me?! You promised to give me some love! Where are you Faye?!” My Mum found this delightful lil’ gal for me last summer, and she’s been sadly and impatiently waiting in my queue since then.
I certainly didn’t forget about her… just took me a lil’ more time than usual to decide on colour(s)! And then BAM… it came to me — ‘Cheesecake’ and ‘Cobblestone’ — YES! This is how she looked before I started my long-overdue transformation:
At glance, she doesn’t look too bad… however she did a darn good job of hiding her defects and flaws in this surface pic I snagged of her. Kind of like my house-cleaning… looks nice and clean from the surface… but please don’t look beyond that! 😂
Although I do try my best to take some pics during my transformations, my painting loft was a little crazy over the past couple weeks, while I was working on this flip — which made it difficult for capturing more photos to share with you! I’ll do my best however to walk you through my pleasing process:
- Gave entire piece a well needed deep cleaning ~ water and vinegar does the trick
- Removed all hardware and gave it a refreshing coat of Rust-Oleum ‘Metallic Paint & Primer in One’ in the colour ‘Bronze’ ~ to freshen it up
- Removed rickety back panelling and flimsy bottom shelves
- Measured and cut new back panelling (bead board) and installed new bottom shelves (plywood)
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Cheesecake’ to the body ~ my favourite farmhouse creamy white
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Cobblestone’ to the new back panelling ~ a rich smokey grey, that delightfully compliments ‘Cheesecake’
- Sanded entire body ~ for a farmhouse distressed, and sweetly imperfected look
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Antiquing Wax’ to the body nooks and new back panelling ~ to add time-worn charm, and to accentuate the details
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax‘ to the entire body ~ for a protective and buttery-smooth finish
- Installed new back panelling, and re-applied hardware
This farmhouse hutch oozes country chic character and radiates sweet imperfections! A petite, practical and unique piece that would add a delightful touch of time-worn charm to your home, while occupying very little space! A lovely little piece that could be used in so many ways: Kitchen Pantry | Dining Room Hutch | Essential Oil Cabinet | Bathroom Cupboard | Display Hutch | Laundry Room Cupboard | Baking Pantry | Collection Display… YOU decide where it will add loveliness to a special nook in your home! ❤
This Petite and Time-Worn Farmhouse Hutch SOLD to Joanne
Dimensions: 56″ H x 31″ W x 11″ D
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤
This post contains non-affiliate links to products I personally use, trust, and highly recommend, for which some I receive limited free use of.
I invite you to learn more about the exquisitely charming Country Chic Paint products that I am over the moon in LOVE with, and use in ALL of my transformations. Find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.