Although I do love my perennial garden, and I enjoy annuals in the years I find the time and $ to put some in… my favourite flowers are wildflowers. ❤
You see, wildflowers don’t have to be planted precisely and in the right type of soil, they’re not delicate — very robust rather, they’re not prim and sequentially placed, and they don’t cost a penny.
Wild flowers are full of elegant character and sweet imperfections, and where my family and I live and farm, all it takes to see an abundance of them is a peaceful walk up our lane. We are truly graced with and surrounded by an abundance of natural beauty. ❤
My feelings for flowers are equally the same for furniture. When I came across this departed and forgotten end table, my heart was singing while I worked on reviving it into a charming piece with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections — and so comfortably accomplished with Country Chic Paint’s elegant and robust line of products!
My comfortable and elegant process went like this:
- Lightly sanded down piece, and wiped down clean
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Harmony’ ~ thinking that was the colour I wanted for this piece to then learn that it was not… won’t know unless you try 😉
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Cobblestone’ ~ thinking that this might be the colour I wanted to then also learn that it was not… if at first you don’t succeed try again 😉
- Put the piece away until I was certain of the colour I wanted for it… “sleeping on it” can bring out one’s best creativity 😉
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in my favourite colour ‘Cheesecake’ to the body ❤
- Applied 2 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in my 2nd favourite colour ‘Cranberry Sauce’ to the top ❤
- Heavily sanded down piece with sanding block ~ for the heavily distressed look I now knew I was after
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Antiquing Wax’, followed by 1 coat of ‘Natural Wax’ ~ this step and product my friends is like icing on the cake 😀
Grow somewhere you can be you;
Somewhere you can be true;
Somewhere you’re free;
Somewhere you’re truly happy.
— Jerico Silvers
I’m so very pleased with the end result — and have no regrets about the first coats of ‘Harmony’ and ‘Cobblestone’… as I ❤ how those colours came through in the highly distressed areas!
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤