Many pieces I come across make my heart beat fast, and feel like home to me. This charming rustic drop leaf table was most certainly one of them! ❤
Combined with an abundance of rustic charm and versatility, this dainty table would work well in any space — including a small space with the option to extend.
Although I typically restore worn/damaged pieces, this table was in pristine and perfect condition when I picked it up… the exact opposite of what I look to fill our home with. I tend to get over excited when I start working on a piece, which sometimes results in forgetting to take a before pic — which is exactly what happened with this lil’ table.
All of my pieces are transformed into a shabby farmhouse style, made to feel like home — a home that is well lived and loved in, and is by no means perfect. If you’re looking for pristine and perfect, then I’m not your gal. If you’re looking for country chic character and sweet imperfections, I’m very much yours! 😉
Choosing a colour for this charming rustic piece was an easy one, and I couldn’t wait to get started with my transformation — I was so excited to begin, it almost made me lose myself:
- Removed hardware and disassembled leaves for project efficiency
- Stripped and sanded the shiny pristine varnish from top and leaves
- Lightly sanded remainder of piece, and wiped all down clean
- Stained top and leaves with Varathane’s ‘Premium Wood Stain’ in the colours ‘American Walnut’ and ‘Espresso’
- Varnished top and leaves with Varathane’s ‘Fast Drying Professional Clear Finish 1100 Satin Oil Based’… followed by a light distress with sanding block to achieve an aged look
- Applied 2 thin coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ to the body in the most charming colour ‘Rustic Charm’ … like I said, an easy choice for this charming rustic piece ❤
- Lightly distressed body to achieve the chippy, aged look I was after
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Antiquing Wax’ to the body… I just love how this product enhances the beauty of the ‘Rustic Charm’ colour
- Cleaned brushes with Country Chic Paint’s ‘Brush Soap’… which I’ve recently fallen in ❤ with
If you’re looking for a piece that will make you feel like you’re all the way back where you came from, then this piece is for YOU! If you share a shabby farmhouse chic style with me, it will most definitely feel like home to you! ❤
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤