What brings out the Jitterbug Dance in you?! Well for me, it’s antique finds like this charming washstand that bring out my most preeminent dance moves! ❤
‘Washstands’ are predecessors of the modern bathroom wash basin, or sink. In its 18th century form, the washstand was called a ‘basin stand’ or ‘basin frame’, and is still sometimes described as a ‘washhand stand’.
Although its earlier and original form may not be practical for today, a washstand can be used for sooooo many other purposes in todays home! Night stand, small dresser, bathroom linen drawer, entranceway table, liquor cabinet… heck the possibilities are endless! Makes you wanna do the Jitterbug dance just thinking about the possibilities doesn’t it?!
Although choosing a colour was an easy and natural choice, refraining from Jitterbug dancing while working on this endearing piece was NOT easy! While forcing myself to keep still (despite the urge to keep dancing), these were my transformation steps:
- Removed hardware and top for project efficiency
- Lightly sanded interior and exterior, and wiped down clean
- Applied 2 thin coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the limited edition colour ‘Jitterbug’ to the exterior
- Applied 2 thin coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the limited edition colour ‘Happy Hour’ to the interior
- Lightly distressed exterior with sanding block to achieve the aged look I was after
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ to the exterior (this is like putting butter on your toast – we all know toast is so much better with butter) ❤
So tell me – what would you use this delightful and multi-purpose piece for in your home?! May I suggest you turn on some Jitterbug music while you ponder that… which will be sure to help bring out your most creative ideas! ❤
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU!