In the early morning of February 18, 2002, I was beyond charmed by the birth of our daughter ~ Jennifer Faye Fossay. When my husband Bryan said “It’s a GIRL!”, my response was – “WHAT?! Are you sure?! It can’t be!”, as I was most certain that I would have 2 boys… however my certainties were clearly wrong, as it was most certainly a girl… in fact — the most beautiful baby girl in the world! ❤
Every time I finish a furniture restoration, Jenn’s eyes light up! I just love how she finds the same beauty in shabby farmhouse chic furniture like I do! So how can I not redecorate her room with oodles of country chic character and sweet imperfections?!
This charming lowboy dresser (with swivel mirror) is the first piece we are adding to her bedroom redecoration project. A charming dresser, for the most charming girl! ❤
From the moment I brought this piece home, Jenn insisted she have it! Between the 2 of us we decided on the colour, and I eagerly began my transformation:
- Stripped and sanded top and drawers, lightly sanded body and mirror frame
- Stained and varnished top and drawers with Varathane’s ‘Premium Wood Stain’ in the colour ‘Espresso’, and ‘Fast Drying Professional Clear Finish 1100 Satin Oil Based’. I just love how staining portions of a piece make the paint colour POP!
- Applied 3 coats of Country Chic Paint’s ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in one of my FAV colours ‘Bee’s Knees’ to the body and mirror frame. We wanted a bright, sunny colour that will add much brightness and warmth to Jenn’s room.
- Lightly distressed body and mirror frame with sanding block. This step is delightful with all colours — however it’s the most delightful with Bee’s Knees… because not only does it give the paint a buttery feel, it even looks like delicious butter with Bee’s Knees!
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Natural Wax’ to the body and mirror frame. This step is like icing on the cake!
- Installed new hardware for drawer pulls. I was elated to have found these pulls, as I think they suit the piece just perfectly!
Jenn has already filled the drawers with clothing, and is now anxiously waiting for me to find and restore additional pieces for her bedroom redecoration! We have plans/hopes for a tallboy dresser, and an antique desk — which I’ll use the same colour and techniques on as I did for this piece.
Perhaps my girl will love her bedroom redecoration so much that she’ll never want to leave our nest?! Or perhaps she’ll come home for LOTS of sleepover visits when she does! ❤
I love you so much my Jennyla! Although I can’t give you the world, I can give you a charming bedroom makeover, for which I hope you’ll love and enjoy for many years — it’s yours for as long as you want! And when you spread your wings, and leave our nest… know that your bedroom will always be yours to come home to! Love, Mum xoxo
I hope you visit again! My #farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning — graced with an abundance of country chic character and sweet imperfections, both for me and for YOU! ❤