“My cup runneth over” — is a quotation from the Bible (Psalm 23:5) and means “I have more than enough for my needs”. I give thanks every day for all that I have been blessed with in my life… and in keeping with farmwife tradition… it’s not my cup that is running over, my mason jar rather. 😉
2012 was another great year full of blessings for my family and I. To mention only but a few:
- We finalized our home renovations and are so proud of what we now have as our home
- We were amongst the lucky ones to snag Winnipeg Jets season tickets for their 2011/2012 season
- Our son Matt turned 12 and has become a fine lil’ helper around the farm
- Our daughter Jen turned 10 and is trying to turn our farm into a petting zoo
- I joined Pinterest and now have a new LOVE and huge list of WANT TO DO
- I got to go see Charlie Daniels LIVE in concert with my two bestest girls at the Shooting Star Casino (bucket list CHECK)
- My Farmer and I got away with some friends and had a super “SICK” time at Dauphin’s Countryfest
- We travelled to the Black Hills, South Dakota for a family vacation and had so much fun creating awesome memories
- I got away from my desk at least 4x a week for a walk/run with my dog Jakey, and learned that this thirty-something can actually do a 5K, and it feels DARN good
- We got a rooster (Rudy)… he is very cool
- We got a new puppy (Maggie)… she has stole our hearts
- My Farmer had the best crop year on record, and this farmwife slept VERY well as a result
- My home-based biz F3 Designs celebrated it’s 6th year in business and I am so very grateful for my customers and contractors whom have made this progress possible
- I started this blog and wish I had more time, cuz I absolutely LOVE it
- I got to go see Roxette LIVE in concert with two of my very dear, forever prairie girl friends
- My Farmer and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary & I love him more each and every day
- We built a new barn and are VERY excited to use it for our upcoming calving season here at Fossay Herefords
Bring It 2013!
This year, I’m looking forward to:
- A new family member that will join my side of the family! It’s been almost ELEVEN years since we had a baby in our family… and I am elated to meet my new niece or nephew this coming May! 🙂
- A teenager… OMG, I can’t believe my baby boy is going to be 13! Hoping and praying he’ll continue to give me daily back cracks… as that’s the only way I can get my boys arms around me now! 😉
- Rocking it out at Taylor Swift on June 22 with my baby girl (soon to be 11)! I’ve promised not to embarrass her, but it will be hard cuz I LOVE Taylor Swift and can’t help from shakin’ my booty hard when her music comes on! 😉
- What I hope and pray will be another record crop year for My Farmer. He soooo deserves it!
- Finding the time to fulfill some of my MANY Pinterest projects!
- New opportunities and customers in my 7th year of business at F3 Designs — I sooo love what I do for a living, and am seriously blessed to be able to do it out of the comfort of my home!
- Dauphin’s Countryfest 2013!
- Bonanza 2013!
I’m not one to set resolutions, but for 2013 I propose that we all try giving this to…
- Our enemies , forgiveness.
- Our opponents, tolerance.
- Our friends, our heart.
- Our customers, good service.
- All, charity.
- Every child, a good example.
- Ourselves, respect.
“Just Say Thanks and Pray”
With another year gone by… I have much to celebrate. At this moment I am drinking coffee… but soon I will be in Las Vegas with 3 of my most favourite peeps! My Farmer and I are heading to sin city tomorrow afternoon with my bro and sis-inlaw to celebrate my bro’s 40th birthday!
When I arrive in Vegas, I will celebrate, drink lots of beer, most likely intoxicate myself, hopefully find some luck at the tables, have an TONNE of FABULOUS FUN… and I will raise my glass to you and pray for another year of overflowing mason jars! Happy New Year!
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy,